I set out at the beginning of November to write a blog post every day about one of the attributes of God for which I’m thankful. I even called it NaThaMo.
Well, if you’ve been following the posts, you know that I am now five days behind (besides having missed letters J and M). In fact, I’m far enough behind that I’ve conceded I won’t finish out the month.
In assessing this “failure,” I determined to look at the month as half-full instead of half-empty. “Hey,” I told myself, “at least you did half of the letters.”
And then it hit me.
I may have only blogged about half of the attributes of God I wanted to cover, but I’m already overflowing. I wanted to encourage you through these posts, but meditating on who God is has been encouraging, strengthening, and incredibly refreshing to me.
Daily thinking on a specific attribute of God has focused my mind and heart on Him, and that will overflow any soul!
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith…”—Hebrews 12:2
I’ve decided not to finish the blog series, but I’m including my list of unfinished letters below for your benefit if you want to finish the month considering God’s goodness and faithfulness.
- J – the Just and the Justifier (Romans 3:25–27)
- M – Merciful (Psalm 136)
- P – Patient (Psalm 103:8–12)
- Q – Quickening (life-giving, Ephesians 2:5–7)
- R – Rock (Deuteronomy 32:4)
- S – Saviour (Isaiah 45:22)
- T – Truth (John 1:14; John 14:6)
- U – Unchanging (James 1:17; Hebrews 5:8)
- V – Victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)
- W – Wise (Jude 25)
- X – eXcellent (Psalm 8)
- Y – Yours (James 4:8)
- Z – Zealous to keep His promises (Isaiah 9:7)
Truly, we have much to be thankful for!