[I wrote the article below for the website Ministry127. It’s a great website with free resources and ideas to encourage and equip leaders in church ministry.]
March 7, 2012—it was the beginning highlight for what would become the delight of my year.
That evening, I had the joy to begin leading a young Christian through our church’s formal discipleship program.
What is discipleship?
- It is a front row seat in seeing God’s Spirit bring growth.
- It is a fresh reminder of the depth and grace of God’s love.
- It is spiritual energy as you observe a tender heart for God and growth in His grace.
- It is the incredible opportunity to work with God’s Spirit in pressing the button to watch a miracle of His grace unfold in a life.
- It is the perfect vantage point from which to watch God’s Word change a life…at the deepest levels of the heart.
- It is an indescribable joy to participate with God in His work.
- It is…my favorite event of the week!